joshua armstrong

joshua armstrong
The Samuel Penney House c.1902

Translate

More things that keep me busy

Monday, April 6, 2015

This Summer's Capital Idea

So last summer's project was the triangular peak of the front of the Penny Mansion.
Lots of brackets, and dental work.
Can you imagine having so much plaque on your teeth that you can't tell where one tooth starts and the other one stops, bllecchh!Luckily there was a dental guy to clean 'em.

Lots of carved wooden swirly leaves and flowers,  



an  ornate shield and in the middle?...

The saddest, most deteriorated, most decrepit,  molded plaster flower you've ever seen.


...and once again I had to serve eviction notices to natures children.
So after weeks of fun with a heat gun, dental tools and putty knives, I was ready for paint.



 First I just, had to finish the plaster flower.

I had pieces to glue. Pieces to rebuild. Old paint to strategically keep for appearance purposes. Crevasses to fill, and after all that, it just had to be painted gold!!


....and a little tan so all that hard work would stand out.


This year I'm workin' my way down....







No comments:

Post a Comment